Coach P : what the fcuk!

You really want to know? Huh,huh, huH!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Amma Cheppindi and Chelleli Geetalu

I cant wait for the release of this movie by Gunnam Gangaraju, ofcourse living in Austin means that I will have to wait for a longer time than otherwise. I would simply buy the DVD when it is out - because the banner that produced "Aithe" and "AOR", cannot really go wrong.

On another note - I want to put in my words of praise for the collection of cute telugu poems by a good friend Bhushan. He has written a few books, of which I was fortunate enough to get hold of "Samudram" and "Chelleli Geetalu".
[Author: Thammineni Bhushan - NOSPAM_thammineni@lycos.com]

I dont have enough words of praise for his poems in chelleli geetalu. They take you back lazily into your childhood when you are playing with your little sister - the mood, the moment and the ambience will be recreated and you simply be teleported into your age of khakhi shorts and white half sleeve shirts. You will go and play yet again in rain, in the park and probably even climb a few trees along with your lil sis. Thanks a lot Bhushan garu, for this wonderful collection.

I will write a more informative review (probably in telugu) over the weekend. If you can read telugu, I urge everyone to buy this book, read it and lock it so that you can read it yet again when you turn 60 :) Now that will be real tribute to your oldage.

cheers
-P

2 Comments:

Blogger Twisted DNA said...

Please post, with authors permission of course, some samples of "chelleli gItAlu". Being a fan of "amRutaM kurisina rAtri," "krUshNa pakshaM," "khadga srUsTi" and "mahA prasthAnaM," I am always looking for Telugu 'geyalu'. I somehow enjoy these more than hard-core "chaMdObaddamaina" poetry.

6/14/2006 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will ask permission from Bhushan and get back to yo about this - if he agrees, I will post couple of cute poems. These cannot be called a gEyAlu, they are simply kavitalu. :)

-P

6/14/2006 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home