Coach P : what the fcuk!

You really want to know? Huh,huh, huH!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Google adsense - can H4s cash on it?

If you are vistor of my blog, who would make the second person other than me to visit this blog, then you might have noticed that I signed up for google adsense.

If you think that I am nuckingFuts to think that this loose cannon blog can generate any income, then you are incorrect, because I dont expect to earn anything out of my writings. I just wanted to see how this works and see its viability and potential. I have been advising a few of my friends (essentially wives of friends) to start up their own blogs and try to see if they can generate any wealth out of that content.

It pains me to see that these women who were busy professionals who had handful of work back home are being tied down due to obtuse work related laws of this country. I think that this country is losing out big time wasting away all the value these incredible professionals can add to this nation. For all practical and foreseable reasons, whose husbands hold higher degrees from respectable universities in US and also gainfully employed for major employers of the country, are in process of getting thier permenant residency sooner or later. It is immaterial if it takes 2 or 3 years, but if these women can work after 3 years, why shouldnt they be allowed to work today? Why should they vile/bile away their time doing unproductive things and also lose out bigtime in their career?

Agreed, it was their choice to marry this guy who works abroad and they were fully aware of this situation, but that doesnt make it right. Information should only become precursor to action. Imagine, all the H4 workers forming a smal group and coming up with colorful/contentful/interesting blogs and if they can atleast generate 200-300$ a month, it would serve some purpose. Hopefully, someone takes some action.

cheers
-P

6 Comments:

Blogger Twisted DNA said...

Would it be legal for H4s to earn money in the US? How does ad-sense work? How do they pay the money? Do they issue a 1099 or soemthing at the year end?

Pretty good blog by the way. This is my first visit and I am quite impressed.

6/08/2006 3:05 AM  
Blogger Kishan said...

Prasad

Coincidence man !!! I too signed up for google adsense just yesterday for the same reason. Actually, I think just an year before when I doing my masters I had access to host files on our university's server. So, I launched a music blog where you could listen to the latest indian music. And I put up a couple of google ads, and then placed a banner in telugu right below it asking ppl to click on the ads if they liked the site.

I think I made up to 10 dollars before the end of the month but I was a bit scared about the risk involved in hosting my site on the univ's server and I was a bit hesitant on the tax issue too. ( Iam not sure a guy on a F1 or a H1 visa can earn money in this way.)

Now again after about an year I signed up for this adsense using my father's name who is back in india.

I will make it a point to click on your google ads whenever i visit ur blog... well, by the way you might not be the only person visiting your blog.

6/09/2006 1:07 AM  
Blogger samurai said...

I am not too sure how it would pan out, if at all I see some revenue, then I will consult somebody and see how to direct that money.

Acc to what kishan says, google might be able to send the money to India too, which isnt a bad deal after all. Thanks for the comments, guys!

cheers
-P

6/09/2006 2:55 AM  
Blogger Tracker said...

Man Simbs,

H4s can do much better actually. Volunteerism would be a big help and it will add value to the resume too. Also, it is perfect in a way, who on earth gets so much time? If I somehow got fed 3 times a day, had a roof over my head and a car, I would read stuff all day without a care in the world. Bill Gates takes a month off every year to go away to a remote location and read.

Granted the immigration thingie is a problem but there are 2 issues here. People should not marry a H1 and then complain about boredom. People should be fully aware of whats gonna happen. Secondly, thanks to Indian mentality, we associate our self-worth to our jobs hence the desperation amongst desi women to find work. Yes, boredom is a big factor.

6/12/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger Dr. Ally Critter said...

if you want your writing to brign you money( or barnes and Nobles Gift Cards...) join www.gather.com

quite interesting, got a $25 gift card from them

here is the link
:d
http://allytude.gather.com/memberInvite.jsp

6/14/2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger samurai said...

Alankrita - I am not looking for partners who will make you put put some applets on your blog and hence follows all the popups nuisance. I want a no-nonsense reading experience for all my audience :) I think only adsense by google seems to be the shotgun option.

Personally, "I am NOT" looking to make money of this - I was just wondering if smart and professional women who are stuck in the H4B limbo would be able to use their acquired skills (apart from lame volunteering activities like helping out at public libraries, etc)

cheers
-P

6/15/2006 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home