Coach P : what the fcuk!

You really want to know? Huh,huh, huH!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

India connection:: Renu?

During my initial days in US, I used to relate everything and anything that happened with something I knew/learnt/experienced in India. That phase lasted until I visited back home for the first time, when I started relating my experiences from here over there - lets cut the "here and there" talk and get to point.

I once thought that the multi-purpose contact lens solution of Bausch and Lomb, which was named "Renu" was "aptly" inspired from its sanskrit roots.

rENu (ray-Nu) in sanskrit means eye. I never even bothered to check if what I thought is true or not. When I saw its commercial on TV being pronounced as "re-new", it occured to me that they are simply talking about renewing the freshness of the lens. I couldn't prove whether there existed a sanskrit connection; searching on net didnt help either. In anycase, the name of the solution is apt and might only be coincidental.

If anyone know more about this, please do share your thoughts.

cheers
-P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean, all the time you were in India, you thought it was 'Ray-nu'? Did your ophthalmologist not tell you it was 'Re-new'? *astonished*

2/17/2006 3:43 AM  
Blogger samurai said...

When I was living there, I was only wearing glasses. When I bought the solution, the guy called it "contact solution" and he didnt have to talk about the brand or name of it. It was all voices in my head that made me 'blind' :)

2/17/2006 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home