Coach P : what the fcuk!

You really want to know? Huh,huh, huH!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mucha Hulla over the south asian tag

:)

All my friends know that I dislike Pakistan A LOT. Hence, I would never associate myself with any Pakistani, make sparse friendship with them and with them at work, I make professional related conversation and thats where the deal ends. It is extremely simple for me, because the whole attitude is primarily driven by politics. There are quite a few of my Indian friends, who are more open-minded than me (in this matter) and hence wants to give peace a second chance. I respect their opinion and with that same respect I tell them to stick it up their you-know-what.

Having said that, I dont see why anyone should bother to question when an American kid born to Indian parents (or Indian origin parents) wants to tag him/herself as South Asian. Some like to tag their experience while some like to tag their identity. Its a prerogative by every means possible.

I know that my post wont serve any purpose since I desist myself in expressing any concrete opinion regarding this, but not having opinion does constitute as an opinion (and in few cases as THE opinion). If you need help with math to arrive at that conclusion, refer why 0!=1?

The motivation behind this futile exercise is the way people are pulling each other's hair over an article by Abhi on SepiaMutiny - Boomerang Effect.

Which begs me to ask this question - WTF is sepIAmutiny? Shouldn't it be sepaimutiny?

-P

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sepAimutiny, sepiAmutiny - same difference, don't you think?

2/02/2006 4:24 PM  
Blogger samurai said...

I checked what sepia means - it means a shade of brown. I think the person who named does know better than me :) Small mercies that I am not the smartest one out there.

2/02/2006 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on :)
at the least, word-play is erotic.

2/03/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger samurai said...

In this case, for me its just exotic. Nothing erotic about bunch of brownies attacking ya :)

2/03/2006 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we still talkin' about 'SAT' I hope? :)

2/03/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger samurai said...

You never talked about SAT - you picked sepia to pique the conversation ; hence NO, we a'int talking about SAT and you know that I got no opinion about it ;-)

2/03/2006 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what d'you know - we have a wiggly weasel on board ;-)

2/03/2006 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home