Coach P : what the fcuk!

You really want to know? Huh,huh, huH!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Weathering multiple storms

All my friends are pitching up the ante with thought provoking posts on their blogs, while I pile up all the borrowed snippets as if my life depended on it. Whereas it was my intention to talk about things asunder that affects us in daily life, but then I dearly realize that most of the information that media feeds me is of no sequent value for me.

For example, when the department of labor comes out with the unemployment figures each quarter, it doesnt affect me or my job or my payrate by any means. The formal discource on state of economy has really been a state of mind, that many people attribute to happiness (or unhappiness, if you may). All it matters is that you need one job to keep you gainfully employed and that you earn enough to wear comfy jockey boxers (preferably red, when going out on a date. Luck is a bitch, dont mess with it). The more comfortable you are in your underpants, the more comfortable you are during the day, which directly translates into higher productivity - you get the drift. While you are drifting, do NOT lose your marbles. Danke.

I was seriously troubled by the downpour of rains back in India - I was so troubled by it that I didnt realize until "A" pointed out to me that Vizag airport was closed down for a week. Vizag airport is a spectacular work which can boast of runway track exactly 17 feet longer than my balcony. It takes pride in being re-discovered after each monsoon and the citizens of Vizag feel as much elation tantamount to finding the drowned Dwaraka nagari. Being the the dutiful alarmed son, I immediately call up my parents to know their whereabouts. I talk exactly for 60 seconds, when my mom announces that my impish nephew is sour on me because I didn't wish him while he is in the room. I had to greet him "kanna kanna.." for 3 minutes until I hear that he is smiling now. The satisfied little lord Curzon now goes into another room, there follows my parents after him. I pretended that I am still talking and hung up after a fresh heave of static howled my eardrum.

The london bomb plotting has deeply affected me too - I stopped talking to the last Pakistani guy that I have never known existed. These kinds of resolutions are gainful because you always win in vacuum (:which btw is the only word with consecutive "u"s). I cursed them all and cursed some more when a friend of mine sent a lunch invite to go eat at local Pakistani joint. The last I heard, he is ailing with upset stomach. I called it conspiracy by them Pakis, while my friend tells me that it is too much oil in the raita.

While the whole world is moving, I am safely tucked in my work, the deadlines, the team lunches and some fire drill. While I do this, I make sure to use the office restrooms as much as possible so the fellow mexican doesnt lose his job. I am emanating such sense of social/community worth that I deserve knighthood or an iced tea (the other variety *wink*)

So, with a deep sigh, I careen back into my cuckoo shell.

In the meanwhile, 2 local hotties celebrated their birthdays in the past fifteen days. I wished them both and I hope they pay me back on my birthday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Twisted DNA said...

I am completely with you on this. While people take themselves too seriously and post on imporatnt mattes, I vowed to post nothing but piffle :)

8/14/2006 12:46 AM  
Blogger samurai said...

The whole world is caught up in the grips of negative journalism. All they show is someone else's misery to make you forget troubles in your bowel movements. Why should we join that gloomy bandwagon? :)

8/14/2006 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home